This perfect pastry pudding is packed with fruity goodness and delivers a cool cinnamon kick that the whole family will love - delicious served hot or cold.
- 700g cooking apples
- 25g sultanas
- ½ level tsp cinnamon
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- Artificial sweetener, to taste
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 4 x small sheets filo pastry
- 25g low-fat spread, melted
- 1 level tsp icing sugar, for dusting
- Peel and core the cooking apples and slice them thinly. Mix in a bowl with the sultanas, cinnamon and lemon zest. Sweeten to taste with artificial sweetener.
- Spray a large baking sheet with low calorie cooking spray and place a sheet of filo pastry on top. Brush very lightly with the low-fat spread and then cover with a second sheet. Repeat with the remaining two sheets, brushing with more low-fat spread.
- Spoon the apple filling onto the pastry lengthways, leaving the pastry uncovered at the edges. Now roll up from one long side into a cylinder, with the pastry join underneath. Pinch the ends of the cylinder to seal in the filling.
- Brush with the remaining melted low-fat spread and then bake in a preheated oven at 190°C/170°C Fan/Gas Mark 5 for 25-30 minutes, until the pastry is crisp and golden brown.
- Cool slightly before dusting with icing sugar and cutting into thin slices to serve.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join between 25th May and 13th June and get half-price membership. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night – saving £5! Plus if you join on a 12-week Countdown course you get two free weeks (12 weeks for the price of 10) plus a free copy of our latest recipe book Little Book of Summer, saving an extra £13.85.
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group