You may have thought that traditional puds like apple crumble are out of bounds when you're losing weight, but not at Slimming World! Serve one up after a low-Syn Sunday roast to keep the family, and your slimming campaign, sweet!
- Serves: 6
- Prep. time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 25 minutes
- Total time: 30-60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 550g cooking apples
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Finely grated zest annd juice of 1 orange
- 4 tbsp granulated artificial sweetener
- 110g self raising flour
- 50g low-fat spread
- A few drops of vanilla essence
- 150g fat free natural fromage frais
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC/170°C Fan/Gas 5. Peel, core and chop the apples into chunks. Place in an oven-proof dish and stir in the cinnamon, orange zest and juice and half of the sweetener.
- Make the crumble: in a bowl mix together the self-raising flour with the remaining sweetener. Melt the low-fat spread in a pan, remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla essence. Pour over the flour mixture and mix with a fork until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Spoon the crumble mixture over the apples and bake for 25 minutes until lightly browned. Divide the crumble between 6 serving bowls and serve topped with a little fromage frais.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join Slimming World between the 19th May and 8th June and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night and a fabulous saving of £5! PLUS join with a 12-week Countdown course and get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Little Book of Lunches, saving an extra £13.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/group to find your nearest group.