This baked couscous side dish is packed full of exotic flavours - your summer barbeques and buffets are solved!
- 225g pre-cooked couscous
- 4 medium eggs, beaten
- 225g fat-free natural fromage frais
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped chives
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large courgette
- 2 baby aubergines
- 150ml vegetable stock
- 400g can chopped tomatoes with garlic
- ½ - 1 tsp hot chilli powder
- Fresh chives to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas 4. Soak the couscous according to the directions on the packet, and then place in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the eggs, fromage frais, chives and plenty of seasoning. Mix well and transfer to a small non-stick baking tin lined with baking parchment. Press down well and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until firm and lightly crushed. Stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the sauce. Trim and finely dice the courgette and aubergines and place in a saucepan with the stock. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, chilli powder to taste and seasoning. Bring to the boil and simmer for a further 5 minutes until thick and tender.
- Cut the couscous into wedges and serve with the sauce, garnished with fresh chives and sprinkled with more ground black pepper if liked.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
• Pay weekly and get half-price membership. Just £5 to join and then £4.95 weekly.
• And don’t forget if you bring a new member to Slimming World you get a week free
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/group to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group