Bangers and mash
Bangers and mash is a comforting, family favourite that's loved by young, old and Food Optimisers too! Knife and fork at the ready...
- Serves: 4
- Prep. time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 35 minutes
- Total time: 30-60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 700g swede
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 leeks
- 2 apples
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 2 red onions
- 12 Tesco Healthy Living Low Fat Pork Sausages
- 600g chicken stock
- 2 level tsp cornflour
- 2 level tsp Dijon mustard
- Freshly chopped coriander, to garnish
- Roughly chop the swede, place in a pan of boiling water and cook for 12-15 minutes. Drain, season to taste and mash.
- Meanwhile, slice the leeks, add to a pan of boiling water and cook until tender. Peel, core and chop the apples, fry in low calorie cooking spray until soft. Fold the leek and apple into the mash, set aside and keep warm.
- Heat a pan sprayed with low calorie cooking spray. Slice the onions and fry for 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add the sausages to the pan, fry for 10 minutes, remove and set aside.
- Pour the stock into the pan and bring to the boil. Blend the cornflour with 4 tsp water, add to the pan with the mustard and stir until thickened. Add the sausages and onions and simmer for 3 minutes.
- To serve, divide the mash between 4 plates, add the sausages and onion gravy and sprinkle with coriander.
Tip: Try celeriac instead of swede for a tasty alternative - this doesn't affect the Syns.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join Slimming World between the 19th May and 8th June and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night and a fabulous saving of £5! PLUS join with a 12-week Countdown course and get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Little Book of Lunches, saving an extra £13.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/group to find your nearest group.