Plump pork sausages, rich gravy and a big pillow of comforting mash make this a staple on every gastropub menu – and our lighter version will be a regular on your table too!
- 650g potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 350g swede, peeled and cut into chunks
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- low calorie cooking spray
- 3 onions, thinly sliced
- 8 Sainsbury’s Be Good to Yourself Cumberland Sausages, Less Than 3% Fat*
- 300ml boiling chicken stock
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- 2 tsp sweetener
- leaves of 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Boil the potatoes and swede in lightly salted boiling water for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain, leaving 3-4 tablespoons of the water in the pan. Season, mash until smooth and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, spray a non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onions and stir-fry for 15 minutes or until they soften and turn golden.
- Grill the sausages according to the packet instructions.
- Add the stock to the onions along with the Worcestershire sauce, mustard powder, sweetener and most of the thyme leaves. Season and boil for 10 minutes or until the liquid has reduced by half, stirring occasionally.
- Divide the mash between shallow bowls, top with the sausages and spoon
over the onion gravy. Grind over a little black pepper, scatter the remaining thyme leaves and serve hot with your favourite vegetables.
Tip: *We’ve counted 1 Syn each for the sausages but Syn values for branded foods can change. You can find the very latest information online at
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group