Bangers and mash is a comforting, family favourite that's loved by young, old and Food Optimisers too! Knife and fork at the ready...
- 700g swede
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 leeks
- 2 apples
- Low calorie oil spray (less than one calorie per spray)
- 2 red onions
- 12 Tesco Light Choices Low Fat Pork Sausages
- 600g chicken stock
- 2 level tsp cornflour
- 2 level tsp Dijon mustard
- Freshly chopped coriander, to garnish
- Roughly chop the swede, place in a pan of boiling water and cook for 12-15 minutes. Drain, season to taste and mash.
- Meanwhile, slice the leeks, add to a pan of boiling water and cook until tender. Peel, core and chop the apples, fry in low calorie oil spray until soft. Fold the leek and apple into the mash, set aside and keep warm.
- Heat a pan sprayed with low calorie oil spray. Slice the onions and fry for 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add the sausages to the pan, fry for 10 minutes, remove and set aside.
- Pour the stock into the pan and bring to the boil. Blend the cornflour with 4 tsp water, add to the pan with the mustard and stir until thickened. Add the sausages and onions and simmer for 3 minutes.
- To serve, divide the mash between 4 plates, add the sausages and onion gravy and sprinkle with coriander.
Tip: Try celeriac instead of swede for a tasty alternative - this doesn't affect the Syns.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night!
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/group to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group