Barley and butternut squash hot pot
Perfect for wintery evenings; this dish is warm, comforting and delicious! Curl up on the sofa and enjoy this hotpot-perfection.
- Serves: 4
- Prep. time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Total time: Over 60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 60g pearl barley
- 2 carrots, cut into thick slices
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 bouquet garni (bay leaf, thyme and parsley)
- 1 litre stock made with Vecon
- 800g butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into bite-sized pieces
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- chopped thyme leave, to garnish
- Place the barley in a large saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Cook for 45 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to the saucepan with the carrots, garlic, bouquet garni and stock. Bring to the boil, cover, reduce the heat to medium and simmer gently for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the butternut squash and continue to cook gently for 10-15 minutes. Season well, discard the bouquet garni and serve immediately, garnished with chopped thyme leaves.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join Slimming World between the 19th May and 8th June and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night and a fabulous saving of £5! PLUS join with a 12-week Countdown course and get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Little Book of Lunches, saving an extra £13.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/group to find your nearest group.