Barley and butternut squash hot pot
Perfect for wintery evenings; this dish is warm, comforting and delicious! Curl up on the sofa and enjoy this hotpot-perfection.
- 60g pearl barley
- 2 carrots, cut into thick slices
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 bouquet garni (bay leaf, thyme and parsley)
- 1 litre stock made with Vecon
- 800g butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into bite-sized pieces
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- chopped thyme leave, to garnish
- Place the barley in a large saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Cook for 45 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to the saucepan with the carrots, garlic, bouquet garni and stock. Bring to the boil, cover, reduce the heat to medium and simmer gently for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the butternut squash and continue to cook gently for 10-15 minutes. Season well, discard the bouquet garni and serve immediately, garnished with chopped thyme leaves.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
• Pay weekly and get half-price membership. Just £5 to join and then £4.95 weekly.
• And don’t forget if you bring a new member to Slimming World you get a week free
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/group to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group