Barnsley chops with mustard mash and gravy
A true Barnsley chop is a butterflied lamb chop taken from across the loin.
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 400g shallots
- 400ml lamb or beef stock
- 1 tbsp concentrate chicken or beef stock
- 1 level tsp gravy granules
- A sprig of rosemary
- 700g Desiree potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp English mustard powder mixed with 1 tbsp water
- A handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 200g fat free natural fromage frais
- 300g spring greens, shredded
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into batons
- 75ml vegetable stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 Barnsley chops, all visible fat removed
- Spray a frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium-low heat. Add the shallots and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the lamb or beef stock, concentrated stock, gravy granules and rosemary. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil the potatoes for 15-20 minutes. Drain and return to the pan. Add the mustard, parsley and fromage frais, and mash until smooth. Set the gravy and mash to one side and keep warm.
- Spray another frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and sauté the spring greens and carrots for 3-4 minutes. Add the vegetable stock, bring to the boil and cook for 5-6 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Preheat your grill to medium. Season the chops and cook for 4-5 minutes a side for rare, 7-8 minutes for medium and 10-11 minutes for well done. Divide the mash and chops between 4 plates, remove the rosemary from the gravy and pour over. Serve with the sautéed vegetables and finish with a twist of black pepper.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join before 20th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay on your first night – a fabulous saving of £4.95! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group