Tuck into this healthy-version of an all American classic. In this video recipe lean pork is slow-cooked then shredded or 'pulled' and layered with bbq sauce.
- 1.5-2kg pork shoulder, all fat removed
- 5 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 500g passata
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 3 tbsp sweetener
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, mix passata, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, mustard powder, garlic, sweetener and seasoning. Transfer to a small pan and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
- Meanwhile, trim and remove all visible fat from the pork and sear all sides in a hot frying pan. Transfer to a slow cooker coat with the sauce and cook for 8-12 hours on MEDIUM.
- Remove the pork from the slow cooker and place on a cutting board. Allow the meat to cool for approximately 15 minutes, then shred into bite-sized pieces using two forks.
Tip: Chef's tip: Serve with our hot and spicy coleslaw, Slimming World chips and 60g wholemeal roll (Healthy Extra 'b' choice).
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join before 20th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay on your first night – a fabulous saving of £4.95! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group