Tuck into this healthy-version of an all American classic. In this recipe lean pork is slow-cooked then shredded or 'pulled' and layered with bbq sauce.
- 1.5-2kg pork shoulder, all fat removed
- 5 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 500g passata
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 3 tbsp sweetener
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, mix passata, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, mustard powder, garlic, sweetener and seasoning. Transfer to a small pan and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
- Meanwhile, trim and remove all visible fat from the pork and sear all sides in a hot frying pan. Transfer to a slow cooker coat with the sauce and cook for 8-12 hours on MEDIUM.
- Remove the pork from the slow cooker and place on a cutting board. Allow the meat to cool for approximately 15 minutes, then shred into bite-sized pieces using two forks.
Tip: Chef's tip: Serve with homemade coleslaw (find the recipe in the 'recipe search', Slimming World-style sweet potato chips and 60g wholemeal roll (Healthy Extra 'b' choice).
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join before 1st November and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our A Slimming World Christmas cookbook, saving an extra £14.85! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group