Hearty and warming, this beef and pasta dish will soon become a firm family favourite. Make double the quantity and freeze half then you’ll always have a satisfying supper on stand-by.
- 400g dried pasta shapes
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely sliced
- 250g mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 250ml beef stock
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 110g reduced fat mozzarella cheese, diced
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas 4.
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions and drain well.
- Stir-fry the onion, carrot, garlic, mushrooms and mince in a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat for 6-7 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, stock and oregano and bring to the boil. Season well, cover and cook over a medium heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat.
- Spoon half of the sauce into the base of a medium sized baking dish and top with the cooked pasta. Spoon over the remaining sauce and sprinkle over the cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until bubbling. Remove and serve with wilted spinach or green vegetables.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join before 26th July and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay on your first night – a fabulous saving of £4.95! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group