Brownies with strawberry cream
Nothing beats a freshly baked brownie for gooey chocolatey goodness. Serve up these low Syn treats for a deliciously divine dessert that's perfect for sharing...
- Serves: 9
- Prep. time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook time: 45 minutes
- Total time: Over 60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 220g can of prunes in juice
- 113g/4oz cooking chocolate
- 85g/3oz plain flour
- 3 egg whites
- 6 tbsp granulated artificial sweetener
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 57g/2oz bran flakes
- 57g/2oz strawberries, plus a few for decoration
- 142g/5oz fat-free natural fromage frais
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4. Lightly grease and line the base of a shallow 7in/18cm square cake tin.
- Drain the prunes, place in a food processor and blend until smooth. Place the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering waterand stir occasionally until completely melted. remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Place the chocolate, flour, egg whites, artificial sweetener and vanilla essence in the food processor with the prune purée and blend. Stir in the bran flakes, then transfer the mixture to the tin.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until firm to touch. Leave in the tin to cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Cut into 9 pieces.
- To make the cream place the strawberries in a food processor with the fromage frais and blend for 10-15 seconds. Sweeten to taste with artificial sweetener if desired, Serve with the brownies, garnished with strawberries.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join Slimming World between the 19th May and 8th June and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night and a fabulous saving of £5! PLUS join with a 12-week Countdown course and get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Little Book of Lunches, saving an extra £13.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/group to find your nearest group.