Cajun chicken soup
Curl up on the sofa with this spicy, satisfying soup – the whole family will love it too! It’s warming and packed full of fantastic flavours.
- Serves: 4
- Prep. time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 40 minutes
- Total time: 30-60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 x 142g/5oz chicken breast fillets, skinned
- 1 x 397g/14oz can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 level tsp artificial sweetener
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp tabasco sauce
- 1704ml/3pt chicken stock made with Bovril
- salt and ground black pepper
- chopped fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
- In a non-stick frying pan, dry fry the green pepper, onion and celery with the crushed garlic until soft. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Cut the chicken fillets into small pieces and dry fry them in the same pan for about 3–4 minutes, until golden brown.
- Transfer the vegetables and chicken to a large saucepan. Add the tomatoes, oregano, artificial sweetener, Cajun seasoning, paprika, tabasco and stock. Simmer gently over a low heat for 30 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve the soup hot, sprinkled with chopped fresh coriander.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join Slimming World before the 29th June and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5!
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/group to find your nearest group.