Cajun chicken soup
Curl up on the sofa with this spicy, satisfying soup – the whole family will love it too! It’s warming and packed full of fantastic flavours.
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 x 150g chicken breast fillets, skinned
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 level tsp artificial sweetener
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp tabasco sauce
- 1.7 litres chicken stock
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
- In a non-stick frying pan, dry fry the green pepper, onion and celery with the crushed garlic until soft. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Cut the chicken fillets into small pieces and dry fry them in the same pan for about 3–4 minutes, until golden brown.
- Transfer the vegetables and chicken to a large saucepan. Add the tomatoes, oregano, artificial sweetener, Cajun seasoning, paprika, tabasco and stock. Simmer gently over a low heat for 30 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve the soup hot, sprinkled with chopped fresh coriander.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night!
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/group to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group