Join today for $30 for 3 months and no additional membership fee. After that, your membership will renew for just $10 per month.
Cajun chicken with spicy potato wedges and kale slaw
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 50 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Spicy chicken, crispy corn and fresh slaw—gather the family around and dig in!
4 bone-in chicken drumsticks, skinned, all visible fat removed
4 bone-in chicken thighs, skinned, all visible fat removed
2lbs large new potatoes, quartered into wedges
2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
4 ears of corn, shucked, each cut in half crosswise
A handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped, to serve
For the slaw:
¼ cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
½ tsp yellow mustard
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 cups thinly sliced baby kale
2 carrots, shredded coarsely
4 scallions, thinly sliced
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Spray a large roasting pan or rimmed baking sheet with spray oil.
- Make a few slashes into the chicken drumsticks and thighs and put them in the prepared pan with the potato wedges. Sprinkle with the Cajun seasoning and lemon juice and toss everything together.
- Roast for 50 minutes, mixing occasionally, until the potatoes are tender and the chicken cooked through. Add the corn halfway through the cooking time to one side of the pan.
- For the salad, in a medium serving bowl, with a fork, stir together the yogurt, lemon juice, mustard, and sweetener and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the kale, carrots and scallions and mix well, add more salt or lemon juice, if needed.
- Divide the spicy chicken, potatoes and corn among 4 plates, sprinkle with chopped flat-leaf parsley and serve with the coleslaw on the side.