Chargrilled chicken, spinach and pasta salad
Pasta is the master of quick and easy convenience food. This delicious pasta salad is light, flavoursome and fabulously Free!
- Serves: 4
- Prep. time: 7 minutes, plus marinating
- Cook time: 8 minutes
- Total time: Less than 30 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- Green: FREE
- Original: FREE
Add 6 Syns if not using Wholemeal pasta as a Healthy Extra on Original.
Add 6 Syns if not using Chicken (raw weight) as a Healthy Extra on Green.
- 4x 115g skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp grated lime zest
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tsp ground ginger and 1 tsp finely grated garlic
- 3 tbsp mild curry powder
- ½ red onion
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 110g baby leaf spinach
- 440g boiled wholemeal pasta shapes
- 2 x 150g pots fat free natural yogurt
- 2 tbsp Vanilla Müllerlight Yogurt
- 6 tbsp finely chopped mint
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Cut the chicken into thin strips and place in a bowl with the lime zest and juice, ground ginger, garlic and curry powder. Toss to mix. Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour (overnight if possible).
- Thinly slice the onion and halve the tomatoes, place in a bowl with the spinach and cooked pasta and mix.
- Make the dressing: place the natural yogurt, vanilla yogurt, mint, coriander and soy sauce in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade. Heat a non-stick griddle pan sprayed with low calorie cooking spray. Add the chicken to the pan (in batches if necessary) and cook for 6-8 minutes, turning once, until cooked through.
- Divide the salad between four serving plates, top with the chicken strips and drizzle over the dressing.
Tip: This recipe is not suitable for home freezing.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join Slimming World before 28th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay on your first night – a fabulous saving of £4.95! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/group to find your nearest group.