A jar of curry sauce can be upwards of 30 Syns! Spice up your slimming with this creamy curry that’s completely Free! Full of flavour, it'll become a real family favourite!
- Serves: 4
- Prep. time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 45 minutes
- Total time: 30-60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 568ml/1pt chicken stock
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 3 cardamom pods
- 1 x 2.5cm/1in piece cinnamon stick
- 4 black peppercorns
- 4 cloves
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp peeled and grated root ginger
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp mild chilli powder
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, sliced
- 283g/10oz fat free natural yogurt, bought to room temperature
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves, to garnish
- Put the onion and 426ml/¾ pt of the chicken stock in a large, heavy-based saucepan. Cover the pan, bring to the boil and then boil for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat, uncover the pan and cook gently for 20 minutes, until the onion is tender, golden and syrupy.
- Add all the spices and garlic to the pan, and cook for 3-4 minutes. Then add the chicken and cook for a few minutes to coat in the spices, then stir in the remaining chicken stock.
- Cover the pan and simmer very gently over a medium heat for 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
- Transfer the curry to a large serving bowl. Add 4 tbsp of the cooking sauce to the yogurt and stir well. Gradually add the yogurt into the curry, stirring continuously.
- Season to taste with salt, and serve immediately with boiled rice (Free on Extra Easy and Green or 2 Syns per 28g/1oz boiled on Original), and garnish with the chopped coriander.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join Slimming World between the 19th May and 8th June and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night and a fabulous saving of £5! PLUS join with a 12-week Countdown course and get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Little Book of Lunches, saving an extra £13.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/group to find your nearest group.