This one-pot favourite is filled with flavour and just right for family mealtimes....
- Serves: 4
- Prep. time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 40 minutes
- Total time: 30-60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1lb/454g chicken thigh fillets, cut into bite-size chunks
- 6 Quorn sausages, sliced
- 1 red, 1 green and 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 2 courgettes, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 9oz/255g long grain rice
- 16fl oz/454ml chicken stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat a large pan sprayed with Fry Light. Add the onion and fry for 10 minutes to soften. Stir in the chicken and Quorn sausages and carry on cooking over a medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the peppers, courgettes, thyme, lemon zest, chopped tomatoes, rice and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the lemon juice and season to taste. Leave the jambalaya in the pan for a few minutes to soak up any remaining liquid. Serve sprinkled with some freshly chopped parsley.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join Slimming World between the 19th May and 8th June and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night and a fabulous saving of £5! PLUS join with a 12-week Countdown course and get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Little Book of Lunches, saving an extra £13.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/group to find your nearest group.