This classic chilli con carne is a quick and easy recipe that's bursting with fiery flavours that the family will love.
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 fresh chillies, deseeded and chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp paprika
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 level tbsp tomato purée
- 300ml beef stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 200g can red kidney beans
- Chopped fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
- Spray a large saucepan with low calorie cooking spray and fry the onions gently over a low heat for 6-8 minutes, until softened and golden. Add the mince and stir fry for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the garlic, chillies and all the spices and continue frying, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the canned tomatoes, tomato purée and stock. Stir well and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 15 minutes, until the liquid is slightly reduced.
- Season with salt and pepper and the drained kidney beans. Heat through gently for about 5 minutes.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with chopped coriander leaves.
Tip: Serve on a bed of boiled rice.
For an Extra Easy SP day swap your rice for at least half of your plate with delicious Speed vegetables, of your choice.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join between 25th May and 13th June and get half-price membership. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night – saving £5! Plus if you join on a 12-week Countdown course you get two free weeks (12 weeks for the price of 10) plus a free copy of our latest recipe book Little Book of Summer, saving an extra £13.85.
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group