This classic chilli con carne is a quick and easy recipe that's bursting with fiery flavours that the family will love. Find out how to make it with our step by step video
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 2 tsps ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1-2 tsp cayenne pepper or paprika
- 1 red pepper and 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 400g tin of red kidney beans in chilli sauce
- 400g can mixed beans, drained
- 350g dried long-grain rice
- Place a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, then add the spices and mince and stir-fry for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and peppers and bring to the boil over a high heat. Season to taste, cover lightly and cook over a low heat for 20 minutes.
- Add the beans, stir well and cook for a further 10 minutes. Meanwhile cook the rice according to the packet instructions, drain and keep warm.
- Divide the chilli and rice between bowls and serve with a chunky salad, if you like. Eat and enjoy!
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join before 28th February and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Food Glorious Food cookbook, saving an extra £14.85! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group