This classic chilli con carne is a quick and easy recipe that's bursting with fiery flavours that the family will love. If there's any leftovers - take them to work the next day!
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 fresh chillies, deseeded and chopped
- 500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 2 tsps ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp paprika
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 green pepper and 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 4 ripe plum tomatoes, chopped
- 300ml beef stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 400g tin of red kidney beans
- Spray a large saucepan with low calorie cooking spray and fry the onion and the garlic gently over a low heat for 5 minutes, until softened and golden. Add the minced beef and cook until browned. Add the chillies and spices and fry for a few minutes.
- Add the peppers, tomatoes and stock. Stir well and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 15 minutes until the liquid is reduced. Season to taste and add the kidney beans. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve topped with a swirl of fromage frais and sprinkle with chopped herbs and paprika on top of a jacket potato or with lots of rice.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join before 1st November and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our A Slimming World Christmas cookbook, saving an extra £14.85! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group