Join today for $30 for 3 months and no additional membership fee. After that, your membership will renew for just $10 per month.
Classic American burger and Slimming World fries
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 40 minutes
- Total time: 55 minutes
Enjoy this beefy favorite—a healthier twist on the quarter pounder—and serve with Free Slimming World fries.
For the Slimming World Fries:
4 large baking potatoes, scrubbed and cut into ½ inch -thick sticks
For the burgers
1lb 95% lean ground beef
1/2 shallot, very finely chopped
1 tbsp plus 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced (optional)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 (2oz each) whole-wheat buns, toasted
8 American cheese singles
Lettuce leaves and tomato slices
Grated carrot and shredded red cabbage
- To prepare the fries: Preheat the oven to 475°F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the potatoes and cook for 4 minutes. Drain, then transfer to paper towels and set aside to dry for about 10 minutes. Dry the pot.
- Return the potatoes to the pot, cover it with a lid and shake to “rough-up” the edges of the fries (this helps them become crisp when you bake them). Transfer to a nonstick rimmed baking sheet, spray with spray oil and bake for 20–25 minutes, until browned and crisp, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile for the burgers: put the ground beef, shallots, Worcestershire sauce and garlic in a medium bowl and, using your hands, combine thoroughly. Season to taste with salt and pepper, divide into four, and shape into flat burgers.
- Turn the oven to broil and place the burgers on the broiler-pan rack. Broil 3–4 inches from the heat for 5–6 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. Remove and keep warm.
- To assemble the burgers; fill each bun with lettuce leavea and tomato slices and a burger. Top with 2 slices American cheese. Serve immediately with the fries, and on the side, some grated carrot, and shredded red cabbage.