Hoki fillets would work equally well in these thick, crisp-crumbed burgers.
For the tartare sauce
- 2 level tbsp extra light mayonnaise
- 10 tbsp fat-free natural fromage frais
- 2 gherkins, very finely chopped
- 1 tbsp capers, rinsed and finely chopped
- 1 shallot, very finely chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- A handful of fresh parsley, very finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the burgers
- 4 slices wholemeal bread from a small 400g sliced loaf
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp dried dill
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 x 200g thick, skinless and boneless haddock fillets, cut in half
- Low calorie oil spray (less than one calorie per spray)
- 4 x 60g wholemeal rolls
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 baby gem lettuce, leaves separated
- 2 lemons, quartered
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/Gas 7. Mix together the ingredients for the tartare sauce in a bowl and season. Cover and chill until needed.
- Whizz the slices of wholemeal bread in a food processor to make breadcrumbs and place in a bowl. Mix in the dried parsley, dill and garlic salt, then season. Spread the mixture out on a tray or large plate.
- Put the beaten eggs in a shallow bowl, dip in the fish fillets and then dip them in the breadcrumb mix, making sure they're evenly coated. Place the fish burgers on a non-stick baking tray and spray with low calorie oil spray. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through.
- Split the bread rolls in half. Fill each one with 2 slices of tomato, some lettuce, a fish burger and some tartare sauce. Serve on warmed plates with the lemon wedges on the side.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join before 1st November and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our A Slimming World Christmas cookbook, saving an extra £14.85! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group