Hoki fillets would work equally well in these thick, crisp-crumbed burgers.
For the tartare sauce
- 2 level tbsp extra light mayonnaise
- 10 tbsp fat-free natural fromage frais
- 2 gherkins, very finely chopped
- 1 tbsp capers, rinsed and finely chopped
- 1 shallot, very finely chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- A handful of fresh parsley, very finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the burgers
- 4 slices wholemeal bread from a small 400g sliced loaf
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp dried dill
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 x 200g thick, skinless and boneless haddock fillets, cut in half
- Low calorie cooking oil spray
- 4 x 60g wholemeal rolls
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 baby gem lettuce, leaves separated
- 2 lemons, quartered
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/Gas 7. Mix together the ingredients for the tartare sauce in a bowl and season. Cover and chill until needed.
- Whizz the slices of wholemeal bread in a food processor to make breadcrumbs and place in a bowl. Mix in the dried parsley, dill and garlic salt, then season. Spread the mixture out on a tray or large plate.
- Put the beaten eggs in a shallow bowl, dip in the fish fillets and then dip them in the breadcrumb mix, making sure they''''re evenly coated. Place the fish burgers on a non-stick baking tray and spray with low calorie cooking oil spray. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through.
- Split the bread rolls in half. Fill each one with 2 slices of tomato, some lettuce, a fish burger and some tartare sauce. Serve on warmed plates with the lemon wedges on the side.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
• Pay weekly and get half-price membership. Just £5 to join and then £4.95 weekly.
• And don’t forget if you bring a new member to Slimming World you get a week free
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/group to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group