Give the ultimate picnic food a Thai twist by serving up these spicy-coated chicken legs at your next barbecue or picnic. As long as you remove all the skin, this luscious finger food is totally Free!
- 8 large, skinless chicken drumsticks
- 150g fat free natural yogurt
- 1 tbsp mild curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 5 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- 5 tbsp finely chopped mint
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- With a sharp knife, make a few cuts in the flesh of each drumstick.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a food processor and blend until fairly smooth. Transfer to a wide ceramic bowl and season to taste.
- Add the drumsticks to the marinade, rubbing the mixture well into the meat. If you have time, cover and chill for 1-2 hours or overnight if time permits.
- Remove the drumsticks from the marinade, shaking off the excess. Cook them on the barbecue for 20-25 minutes, turning occasionally, until cooked through.
(Alternatively, roast in a preheated oven at 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas 4 for 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Or cook under a preheated hot grill for 15-20 minutes, turning often). Serve warm or cold.
Tip: Marinades really help tenderise meat and keep it moist while cooking as well as adding flavour. Here are some great ideas for Free and low Syn marinades:
1) lemon or lime juice
2) hoi sin or soy sauce
4) fat free natural yogurt
5) ground and whole spices, fresh root ginger and chillies
6) fresh and dried herbs
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night!
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/group to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group