The sight and sound of the fillet steak sizzling will make you feel like a restaurant chef - and when people taste it, topped with this creamy peppercorn sauce, they'll think you are a restaurant chef!
- 4 tsp mustard powder
- 8 fillet steaks
- Low calorie cooking spray
For the sauce
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 300g chicken stock
- 1 tbsp crushed black peppercorns
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 200g fat-free natural fromage frais
- Sprinkle the mustard powder over the steaks and rub onto the surface. Spray with low calorie cooking spray, cover and set aside.
- To make the sauce: chop the onion and crush the garlic; place in a pan with the stock and bring to the boil. reduce the heat, add the peppercorns and Worcestershire sauce and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the sauce is reduced and slightly thickened. Remove the sauce from the heat and stir in the fromage frais. Keep the sauce warm until ready to serve (do not boil at any point or the sauce will curdle). (The sauce is Free on all plans).
- Meanwhile, place the steaks on a hot griddle pan sprayed with low calorie cooking spray and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or to your liking.
- Serve the steak with the peppercorn sauce and lots of steamed vegetables.
Tip: To make this look really professional, cut the fillet steak on the diagonal and arrange on the plate before pouring on the sauce.
Throwing a party? Why not serve the steak cut into bite-sized pieces on skewers, with the sauce in a bowl for your guests to dip into?
Be adventurous and give exotic vegetables like celery hearts, celeriac and fennel a whirl - they're easy to prepare and cook to make excellent accompaniments for beef.
This recipe is not suitable for freezing.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join before 20th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay on your first night – a fabulous saving of £4.95! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group