Grilled spicy tiger prawns
If you are a fan of shellfish, you will love this recipe. Grill them on the barbecue in summer for that delicious char-grilled flavour (or indoors if it's raining!).
- 450g tiger prawns
- A few fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
- Wedges of lime, to serve
For the marinade:
- 150g fat-free natural yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp grated fresh root ginger
- 1 tsp garam masala
- juice of ½ lime
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Shell the prawns, just leaving the little piece of shell on the tail. Then cut each one in half lengthways down to the tail so that the prawns fans out. Thread the prawns on to 4 long or 8 short wooden skewers and place them in a shallow dish.
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together and spoon over the prawn kebabs. Leave to marinate in a cool place for about 20-30 minutes.
- Take the prawns out of the marinade and cook under a preheated hot grill, over really hot coals, or in a hot grill pan for 2-3 minutes each side. They will turn pink when they are cooked. Serve immediately garnished with coriander leaves, with lime wedges.
Tip: It is best to use the raw tiger prawns or grey, uncooked prawns which are now available on most fresh counters in supermarkets. Alternatively, you can buy them frozen. If so, thaw them overnight in the refrigerator. The prawns are best grilled outside on a charcoal barbeque, but will still taste delicious cooked under a regular overhead grill. If you serve them with rice, remember to count the Syns if you are on the Original Eating Plan.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group