Anne-Marie Williams from Wrexham, North Wales found a fantastically Free way of making houmous. “Ready-made houmous contains tahini and oil which means it has a Syn value.” Ann-Marie says. “I’ve adapted the recipe to make a delicious homemade houmous that’s Free on Green and Extra Easy days.
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 20-50ml water
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Place the sliced red pepper on a baking tray sprayed with low calorie cooking spray and roast until softened.
- Once the pepper is cooked and cooled, place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend, adding more water if necessary to create a smooth paste.
- Add salt to taste and serve with chopped up carrot batons or any of your favourite Free vegetable sticks!
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group