Indian prawn curry with cardamom cabbage
Create a spice sensation for your friends and family with this delicious recipe!
- Serves: 4
- Prep. time: 35 minutes
- Cook time:
- Total time: 30-60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp finely grated ginger
- 1 tsp each of ground coriander and cumin
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 198ml/7fl oz chicken stock made with Bovril
- 1 courgette
- 198ml/7fl oz passata
- 567g/1lb 4oz cooked prawns
- 200g fat-free natural fromage frais
- 4 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- 3 tbsp freshly chopped mint
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ white cabbage
- 1 green cardamom pod
- lime wedges, to garnish
- Finely chop the onion and crush the garlic. Place in a pan with the ginger, coriander, cumin, chilli powder and stock. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Dice the courgette, add to the pan with the passata, bring back to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the prawns, fromage frais, herbs and seasoning, remove from the heat and keep warm.
- Chop the cabbage, place in a pan of boiling water, cook for 5-6 minutes, then drain. Crush the seeds from the cardamom pod, mix into the cabbage and serve hot with the prawn curry, garnished with lime wedges.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join Slimming World between the 19th May and 8th June and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night and a fabulous saving of £5! PLUS join with a 12-week Countdown course and get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Little Book of Lunches, saving an extra £13.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/group to find your nearest group.