Italian bean stew
Borlotti beans, pasta and veg make this stew a real comfort food treat, and it's ready in less than 30 minutes - bellissimo!
- Serves: 4
- Prep. time: 30 minutes
- Cook time: 20-25 minutes
- Total time: 30-60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 4 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 celery sticks, cut into 1cm dice
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 8 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 level tbsp sun-dried tomato purée
- 100g dried short-shaped pasta
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 400g can borlotti beans, drained
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Basil leaves, to garnish
- Place the shallots, garlic, celery, carrots and red pepper in a saucepan and stir-fry over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the dried herbs, chopped basil, tomatoes, tomato purée, pasta and stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover and allow to cook gently for 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and the pasta is cooked.
- Stir in the beans and cook for 2-3 minutes or until piping hot.
- Season well, remove from the heat and garnish with basil leaves just before serving.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join Slimming World between the 19th May and 8th June and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night and a fabulous saving of £5! PLUS join with a 12-week Countdown course and get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Little Book of Lunches, saving an extra £13.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/group to find your nearest group.