Borlotti beans, pasta and veg make this stew a real comfort food treat, and it's ready in less than 30 minutes - bellissimo!
- 4 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 celery sticks, cut into 1cm dice
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 8 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 level tbsp sun-dried tomato purée
- 100g dried short-shaped pasta
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 400g can borlotti beans, drained
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Basil leaves, to garnish
- Place the shallots, garlic, celery, carrots and red pepper in a saucepan and stir-fry over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the dried herbs, chopped basil, tomatoes, tomato purée, pasta and stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover and allow to cook gently for 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and the pasta is cooked.
- Stir in the beans and cook for 2-3 minutes or until piping hot.
- Season well, remove from the heat and garnish with basil leaves just before serving.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join before 1st November and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our A Slimming World Christmas cookbook, saving an extra £14.85! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group