Join today for $30 for 3 months and no additional membership fee. After that, your membership will renew for just $10 per month.
Italian-style turkey steaks with crushed potatoes
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Total time:
Italian food is all about simple flavor combinations. This speedy recipe brings together balsamic vinegar, garlic and lemon to create a dish you'll want to make again and again.
- Put the potatoes in a large saucepan and add cold water to just cover. Add a pinch of salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low, partially cover, and simmer for 10-12 minutes until tender. Drain the potatoes and return to the pot. Add the vinaigrette and lightly crush with a potato masher. Season to taste with salt and pepper and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, preheat the broiler. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a cup, mix together the tomato paste, lemon juice, garlic and basil.
- Spread the tomato mixture over the turkey to coat both sides. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Broil the turkey 4-6 inches from the heat source for -3-4 minutes, until lightly golden. Drizzle the balsamic vinegar over the turkey steaks and then turn them over and broil for 3-5 minutes or until cooked through, watch carefully, these cook quickly.
- Serve the steaks with the crushed potatoes and your favorite vegetables.