Jewelled fruit trifle
If you love jelly and custard, you’ll love this gorgeously creamy dessert! A classic pud, Slimming World style!
- Serves: 8
- Prep. time: 15 minute plus chilling
- Cook time:
- Total time: Over 60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 7 sponge fingers
- 2 tbsp sweet sherry
- 2 tbsp apple juice
- 1 pack strawberry sugar-free jelly
- 275g mixed fruit (such as cherries, blueberries and pomegranate seeds)
- 250g quark skimmed milk soft cheese
- 150g canned low-fat custard
- 1 vanilla pod
- Arrange the sponge fingers in the bottom of a trifle bowl. Mix together the sherry and apple juice and drizzle over. Set aside to soak for about 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the jelly according to packet instructions. Allow to cool slightly before pouring over the sponge fingers. Scatter over half the mixed fruit and chill overnight, or until set
- Mix the quark with the low-fat custard. Split the vanilla pod in half lengthways and stir in the seeds. Pour this over the jelly and chill for a further 20 minutes before serving topped with the remaining fruit.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join Slimming World before 28th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay on your first night – a fabulous saving of £4.95! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/group to find your nearest group.