Lemon and lime tartlets
Tangy and tasty, these lime and lemon tartlets are utterly irresistible - your friends and family will love them!
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 large sheet filo pastry (about 45 x 25cm)
- 150g ready made, low fat custard
- Finely grated zest of 1 lime, plus extra to decorate
- 2 - 3 drops lemon extract
- 1 level tbsp icing sugar, to dust
For the candied peel:
- Thinly slice the rind of 1 unwaxed lemon
- 3 tbsp artifical sweetner
- Preaheat your oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6. Spray a 4 hole yorkshire pudding tin (each hole measuring about 10cm in diameter) with low calorie cooking spray.
- For the candied lemon peel, put the slivers of rind in a pan with the sweetner. Pour over just enough cold water to cover and slowly bring to the boil. Cook over a low heat for about 10 minutes, or until translucent. Transfer onto baking paper until ready to use.
- Cut the pastry sheet in half, then cut each half into 4 squares spray each piece with low calorie cooking spray. Stack 2 pieces on top of each other at different angles and use to line the holes of the tin. Bake in the oven for 8 - 10 minutes until crisp and golden. Leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Put the custard, lime zest and lemon extract in a bowl and stir well. Spoon the custard into the pastry cases and decorate with the extra lime zest. Top each with a few slivers of candied lemon peel and dust over with icing sugar.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
• Pay weekly and get half-price membership. Just £5 to join and then £4.95 weekly.
• And don’t forget if you bring a new member to Slimming World you get a week free
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/group to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group