Tangy and tasty, these lime and lemon tartlets are utterly irresistible - your friends and family will love them!
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 large sheet filo pastry (about 45 x 25cm)
- 150g ready made, low fat custard
- Finely grated zest of 1 lime, plus extra to decorate
- 2 - 3 drops lemon extract
- 1 level tbsp icing sugar, to dust
For the candied peel:
- Thinly slice the rind of 1 unwaxed lemon
- 3 tbsp artifical sweetener
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6. Spray a 4 hole Yorkshire pudding tin (each hole measuring about 10cm in diameter) with low calorie cooking spray.
- For the candied lemon peel, put the slivers of rind in a pan with the sweetener. Pour over just enough cold water to cover and slowly bring to the boil. Cook over a low heat for about 10 minutes, or until translucent. Transfer onto baking paper until ready to use.
- Cut the pastry sheet in half, then cut each half into 4 squares spray each piece with low calorie oil spray. Stack 2 pieces on top of each other at different angles and use to line the holes of the tin. Bake in the oven for 8 - 10 minutes until crisp and golden. Leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Put the custard, lime zest and lemon extract in a bowl and stir well. Spoon the custard into the pastry cases and decorate with the extra lime zest. Top each with a few slivers of candied lemon peel and dust over with icing sugar.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join between 25th May and 13th June and get half-price membership. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night – saving £5! Plus if you join on a 12-week Countdown course you get two free weeks (12 weeks for the price of 10) plus a free copy of our latest recipe book Little Book of Summer, saving an extra £13.85.
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group