Tangy and tasty, these lime and lemon tartlets are utterly irresistible - your friends and family will love them!
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 large sheet filo pastry (about 45 x 25cm)
- 150g ready made, low fat custard
- Finely grated zest of 1 lime, plus extra to decorate
- 2 - 3 drops lemon extract
- 1 level tbsp icing sugar, to dust
For the candied peel:
- Thinly slice the rind of 1 unwaxed lemon
- 3 tbsp artifical sweetener
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6. Spray a 4 hole Yorkshire pudding tin (each hole measuring about 10cm in diameter) with low calorie cooking spray.
- For the candied lemon peel, put the slivers of rind in a pan with the sweetener. Pour over just enough cold water to cover and slowly bring to the boil. Cook over a low heat for about 10 minutes, or until translucent. Transfer onto baking paper until ready to use.
- Cut the pastry sheet in half, then cut each half into 4 squares spray each piece with low calorie oil spray. Stack 2 pieces on top of each other at different angles and use to line the holes of the tin. Bake in the oven for 8 - 10 minutes until crisp and golden. Leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Put the custard, lime zest and lemon extract in a bowl and stir well. Spoon the custard into the pastry cases and decorate with the extra lime zest. Top each with a few slivers of candied lemon peel and dust over with icing sugar.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 4th July and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That's just £10 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £4.95!
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group