You'll feel as if you're really treating yourself with this special fish dish.
- Serves: 1
- Prep. time: 25 minutes
- Cook time:
- Total time: Less than 30 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- Green: 2½
- Original: 1½
Add 6 Syns if not using Cod as a Healthy Extra on Green.
- 1 small onion
- ½ small green pepper
- 142ml/¼pt vegetable stock
- 200g can chopped tomatoes
- a pinch of dried oregano
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 28g/1oz pitted black olives
- 150g chunky skinless cod fillet, or other white fish
- Fry Light
- Peel and finely chop the onion. Deseed and finely chop the pepper. Place in a pan with the stock, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, oregano and seasoning. Cut the olives into quarters and stir into the sauce. Bring back to the boil, cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to a medium/hot setting. Wash and pat dry the cod. Season on both sides and place on the grill rack. Spray lightly with Fry Light and grill for 5-6 minutes on each side until lightly golden and cooked through.
- Serve the fish with the sauce and green vegetables.
Tip: This sauce works well with grilled beef or pork steaks, too. It's also suitable for freezing; simply allow to cool and pack in a freezer-proof container. You can keep it in the freezer for up to 3 months. Allow to thaw thoroughly before reheating, and make sure it's piping hot before serving.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join Slimming World between the 19th May and 8th June and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night and a fabulous saving of £5! PLUS join with a 12-week Countdown course and get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Little Book of Lunches, saving an extra £13.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/group to find your nearest group.