You'll feel as if you're really treating yourself with this special fish dish.
- 1 small onion
- ½ small green pepper
- 150ml vegetable stock
- 200g can chopped tomatoes
- A pinch of dried oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 25g pitted black olives
- 150g chunky skinless cod fillet, or other white fish
- Low calorie oil spray (less than one calorie per spray)
- Peel and finely chop the onion. Deseed and finely chop the pepper. Place in a pan with the stock, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, oregano and seasoning. Cut the olives into quarters and stir into the sauce. Bring back to the boil, cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to a medium/hot setting. Wash and pat dry the cod. Season on both sides and place on the grill rack. Spray lightly with low calorie oil spray and grill for 5-6 minutes on each side until lightly golden and cooked through.
- Serve the fish with the sauce and green vegetables.
Tip: This sauce works well with grilled beef or pork steaks, too. It's also suitable for freezing; simply allow to cool and pack in a freezer-proof container. You can keep it in the freezer for up to 3 months. Allow to thaw thoroughly before reheating, and make sure it's piping hot before serving.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night!
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/group to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group