You'll feel as if you're really treating yourself with this special fish dish.
- 1 small onion
- ½ small green pepper
- 150ml vegetable stock
- 200g can chopped tomatoes
- A pinch of dried oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 25g pitted black olives
- 150g chunky skinless cod fillet, or other white fish
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Peel and finely chop the onion. Deseed and finely chop the pepper. Place in a pan with the stock, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, oregano and seasoning. Cut the olives into quarters and stir into the sauce. Bring back to the boil, cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to a medium/hot setting. Wash and pat dry the cod. Season on both sides and place on the grill rack. Spray lightly with Frylight and grill for 5-6 minutes on each side until lightly golden and cooked through.
- Serve the fish with the sauce and green vegetables.
Tip: This sauce works well with grilled beef or pork steaks, too. It's also suitable for freezing; simply allow to cool and pack in a freezer-proof container. You can keep it in the freezer for up to 3 months. Allow to thaw thoroughly before reheating, and make sure it's piping hot before serving.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join before 1st November and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our A Slimming World Christmas cookbook, saving an extra £14.85! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group