Join today for $30 for 3 months and no additional membership fee. After that, your membership will renew for just $10 per month.
Mediterranean roasted cod
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Crispy potatoes, tender onions, juicy tomatoes and flaky cod all come together in this delicious roasted meal.
1lb Yukon Gold potatoes, thinly sliced (3 cups)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 medium red onions, cut into ½-in wedges
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
A few oregano sprigs, leaves picked and chopped
4 large tomatoes, sliced
4 skinless and boneless cod fillets
Small handful of chopped fresh parsley, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Spray a large roasting pan with spray oil and layer the potatoes in the pan, overlapping them slightly. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper to taste and roast for 35-40 minutes until tender and golden in spots.
- Meanwhile, spray a large ceramic or nonstick skillet with spray oil and place over medium heat. Add the red onions and cook for 4-5 minutes, turning occasionally, or until beginning to soften. Add the garlic and cook for a further 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F.
- Place the onions and garlic on top of the potatoes. Sprinkle over the oregano, top with the sliced tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes, until the tomatoes start to soften.
- Sit the fish on top of the tomatoes, squeeze over the juice of one lemon and season to taste. Cut four slices from the remaining lemon, and put one on each fish fillet. Roast for another 10–12 minutes or until the fish is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle with the parsley and serve hot.