Even confirmed carnivores will concede that this low-Syn Greek-style favourite tastes every bit as good without meat. We’ll promise there’ll be no smashed plates once the meals over.
- 1 large aubergine, cut into 1 cm thick slices
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 350g pack Quorn Mince
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 500g fat free natural yogurt
- Salt & ground black pepper
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Place the aubergine slices onto a clean paper towel and sprinkle with salt. Leave for 20 minutes then rinse with cold water and dry.
- Meanwhile, dry fry the onion, garlic and Quorn Mince in a large heavy based saucepan. Add the tomato purée, canned tomatoes and parsley and simmer for approximately 30 minutes until tender. Transfer the mixture into an ovenproof dish.
- Beat the eggs and yogurt together in a bowl and season to taste.
- Place the aubergine slices on a grill pan and spray with low calorie cooking spray. Place under a preheated hot grill for 4-5 minutes each side. Arrange the aubergine on top of the Quorn mixture and pour the yogurt and egg mixture over. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas 4 for 20-30 minutes until golden brown.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join between 25th May and 13th June and get half-price membership. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night – saving £5! Plus if you join on a 12-week Countdown course you get two free weeks (12 weeks for the price of 10) plus a free copy of our latest recipe book Little Book of Summer, saving an extra £13.85.
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group