Roast lamb shank and veg
The slow-cooked lamb shanks just melt off the bone creating a comforting, filling winter warmer that's Free on Extra Easy - perfect after a long day at work, as a Sunday dinner or for impressing your guests!
- Serves: 4
- Prep. time: 30 minutes
- Cook time: 2 hours
- Total time: Over 60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 4 lamb shanks, all visible fat removed
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 1 swede, peeled and roughly diced
- 8 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp chicken Bovril concentrate
- 450g baby carrots
- 1 tbsp no added sugar mint sauce
- 900g potatoes, roughly chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A small handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 160°C/140°C Fan/Gas 3. Place the lamb, onion, swede and garlic in a large flameproof casserole dish. Mix the Bovril with 1½ litres boiling water. Add to the casserole, place on the hob and bring to the boil. Cover and cook in the oven for 45 minutes. Remove the lid and cook for a further 45 minutes.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and increase the oven temp to 200°C /180°C Fan/Gas 6. Place the carrots in a roasting tin and, with a slotted spoon, transfer the lamb and vegetables to sit on top. Mix 275ml of the cooking stock with the mint sauce, pour over the lamb and roast for an hour, shaking the vegetables and turning the shanks after 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil the potatoes until tender. Drain and mash.
- Divide the mashed potatoes, lamb shanks and vegetables between four plates, top with the cooking juice, season to taste and serve scattered with parsley.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join Slimming World before 28th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay on your first night – a fabulous saving of £4.95! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/group to find your nearest group.