Rum and raisin ice cream
A rich and boozy ice-cream, that's strictly for adults. It's packed full of rich, creamy and indulgent flavours that remind us of our favourite tipple!
- 25g raisins
- 3 tbsp dark rum
- 225g canned low-fat custard
- 2 x 125g pots fat-free natural yoghurt
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp granulated artificial sweetener
- Slices of mango and papaya, to decorate
- Mint leaves, to decorate
- Place the raisins in a small bowl, pour over the dark rum and combine, cover and leave to soak in a cool place for at least 3 hours, or up to 3 days.
- In another bowl, mix together the custard, yogurt, vanilla essence and artificial sweetener. Place in a shallow, freezer-proof container, cover and freeze for 3-4 hours or until semi-frozen but still a little slushy. Blend the mixture in a food processor or beat with a fork until smooth, stir in the raisins, cover and return to the freezer for a further 2-3 hours until solid.
- To serve, remove the ice cream from the freezer 15 minutes before required and stand at room temperature until soft enough to scoop. Pile into 4 individual serving glasses, decorate with slices of mango and papaya and garnish with fresh mint leaves.
Tip: If time is short, cover the raisins with a little water, simmer for a few minutes, drain, cool, add the rum and move straight to step 2.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
• Pay weekly and get half-price membership. Just £5 to join and then £4.95 weekly.
• And don’t forget if you bring a new member to Slimming World you get a week free
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/group to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group