Rum and raisin ice cream
A rich and boozy ice-cream, that's strictly for adults. It's packed full of rich, creamy and indulgent flavours that remind us of our favourite tipple!
- Serves: 4
- Prep. time: 15mins
- Cook time:
- Total time: Over 60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 25g raisins
- 3 tbsp dark rum
- 225g canned low-fat custard
- 2 x 125g pots fat-free natural yoghurt
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp granulated artificial sweetener
- Slices of mango and papaya, to decorate
- Mint leaves, to decorate
- Place the raisins in a small bowl, pour over the dark rum and combine, cover and leave to soak in a cool place for at least 3 hours, or up to 3 days.
- In another bowl, mix together the custard, yogurt, vanilla essence and artificial sweetener. Place in a shallow, freezer-proof container, cover and freeze for 3-4 hours or until semi-frozen but still a little slushy. Blend the mixture in a food processor or beat with a fork until smooth, stir in the raisins, cover and return to the freezer for a further 2-3 hours until solid.
- To serve, remove the ice cream from the freezer 15 minutes before required and stand at room temperature until soft enough to scoop. Pile into 4 individual serving glasses, decorate with slices of mango and papaya and garnish with fresh mint leaves.
Tip: If time is short, cover the raisins with a little water, simmer for a few minutes, drain, cool, add the rum and move straight to step 2.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join Slimming World before 28th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay on your first night – a fabulous saving of £4.95! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/group to find your nearest group.