Celebrate Burn's night with this traditional Scottish vegetable dish. We've used potatoes, swede and cabbage but spinach, kale, mashed up sprouts, broccoli or carrots work equally well.
- Low calorie cooking spray, for spraying
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 225g boiled potatoes
- 110g boiled swede
- 450g cooked green cabbage
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Spray a frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Cook the onion for about 5 minutes, until softened and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, mash the potatoes and swede and chop the cabbage or, if preferred, process them briefly in a food processor. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the potatoes, swede and cabbage to the onions in the pan and mix well together. Press the mixture down with a pallete knife to flatten it and cover the base of the pan.
- Cook over a very low heat for about 5 minutes, until browned underneath. Turn the mixture over and cook the other side. When it is really hot, slide it out on to a serving plate.
Tip: If you can't celebrate Burn's night without an Address to the Haggis, 28g boiled haggis is 3 Syns on Extra Easy and Original, and 4½ Syns on Green.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
• Pay weekly and get half-price membership. Just £5 to join and then £4.95 weekly.
• And don’t forget if you bring a new member to Slimming World you get a week free
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/group to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group