Celebrate Burn's night with this traditional Scottish vegetable dish. We've used potatoes, swede and cabbage but spinach, kale, mashed up sprouts, broccoli or carrots work equally well.
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 225g boiled potatoes
- 110g boiled swede
- 450g cooked green cabbage
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Spray a frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Cook the onion for about 5 minutes, until softened and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, mash the potatoes and swede and chop the cabbage or, if preferred, process them briefly in a food processor. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the potatoes, swede and cabbage to the onions in the pan and mix well together. Press the mixture down with a pallete knife to flatten it and cover the base of the pan.
- Cook over a very low heat for about 5 minutes, until browned underneath. Turn the mixture over and cook the other side. When it is really hot, slide it out on to a serving plate.
Tip: If you can't celebrate Burn's night without an Address to the Haggis, 28g boiled haggis is 3 Syns on Extra Easy and Original, and 4½ Syns on Green.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join between 25th May and 13th June and get half-price membership. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night – saving £5! Plus if you join on a 12-week Countdown course you get two free weeks (12 weeks for the price of 10) plus a free copy of our latest recipe book Little Book of Summer, saving an extra £13.85.
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group