Whether you love the restaurant version, a quick and easy ready meal or the way mama used to make it, you'll love this speedy spag bol. Extra lean mince, flavoursome vegetables and filling pasta - a Food Optimising feast!
- Serves: 4
- Prep. time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 20-25 minutes
- Total time: 30-60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- Original: 5½
Add 6 Syns if not using Wholemeal pasta as a Healthy Extra on Original.
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 350g extra lean minced beef
- 225g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 280ml/10fl oz beef stock
- 1 level tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 275g spaghetti, dried
- Spray a pan with low calorie cooking spray and cook the shallots and garlic for 2–3 minutes until just softened. Stir in the mince and cook for 2–3 minutes until browned.
- Stir in the mushrooms and cook for 1 minute. Add the chopped tomatoes, stock and Worcestershire sauce. Season lightly and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes until reduced and thickened. Check the seasoning.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in a large pan of salted boiling water, as per the packet instructions, until just tender. Drain and divide between 4 serving plates. Top with the Bolognese sauce and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese if you fancy (1½ Syns per level tbsp).
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join Slimming World between the 19th May and 8th June and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night and a fabulous saving of £5! PLUS join with a 12-week Countdown course and get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Little Book of Lunches, saving an extra £13.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/group to find your nearest group.