Special Scotch eggs
Scotch eggs don't come much more special than this. Meaty, substantial and satisfying, these flavour-packed favourites will also save you 15+ Syns on supermarket picnic eggs.
- Serves: 4
- Prep. time:
- Cook time:
- Total time: 30-60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 6 medium eggs
- 400g lean pork steaks, all visible fat removed, roughly chopped
- 125g rindless lean bacon, all visible fat removed, finely chopped
- 1-2 tsp mild curry powder
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 50g dried wholemeal breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6.
- Put four of the eggs into a pan of cold water and bring to the boil. Boil for 5-6 minutes then plunge into cold water for another 4 minutes. Carefully peel and set aside.
- Place the pork steaks, bacon, curry powder and dried herbs into a food processor. Season to taste and blend until fairly smooth. Transfer to a bowl and divide the mixture into four portions.
- Flatten a portion of the mixture in your right hand and, with your left, take an egg and wrap the mince around it until it's fully encased. Repeat for the remaining three boiled eggs.
- Spread the breadcrumbs onto a wide plate.
- Beat the remaining eggs and dip each Scotch egg in the beaten egg and then roll in the breadcrumbs. Place on a baking sheet lined with non-stick baking parchment and lightly spray with Frylight.
- Place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes or until lightly golden. Cool completely on kitchen paper before packing them up in airtight containers for your picnic.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join Slimming World between the 19th May and 8th June and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night and a fabulous saving of £5! PLUS join with a 12-week Countdown course and get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Little Book of Lunches, saving an extra £13.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/group to find your nearest group.