Scotch eggs don't come much more special than this. Meaty, substantial and satisfying, these flavour-packed favourites will also save you 15+ Syns on supermarket picnic eggs.
- 6 medium eggs
- 400g lean pork steaks, all visible fat removed, roughly chopped
- 125g rindless lean bacon, all visible fat removed, finely chopped
- 1-2 tsp mild curry powder
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 50g dried wholemeal breadcrumbs
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6.
- Put four of the eggs into a pan of cold water and bring to the boil. Boil for 5-6 minutes then plunge into cold water for another 4 minutes. Carefully peel and set aside.
- Place the pork steaks, bacon, curry powder and dried herbs into a food processor. Season to taste and blend until fairly smooth. Transfer to a bowl and divide the mixture into four portions.
- Flatten a portion of the mixture in your right hand and, with your left, take an egg and wrap the mince around it until it's fully encased. Repeat for the remaining three boiled eggs.
- Spread the breadcrumbs onto a wide plate.
- Beat the remaining eggs and dip each Scotch egg in the beaten egg and then roll in the breadcrumbs. Place on a baking sheet lined with non-stick baking parchment and lightly spray with low calorie oil spray.
- Place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes or until lightly golden. Cool completely on kitchen paper before packing them up in airtight containers for your picnic.
Tip: Serve with at least half a plate of lettuce leaves, rocket, chopped peppers, tomatoes and cucumber.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join between 25th May and 13th June and get half-price membership. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night – saving £5! Plus if you join on a 12-week Countdown course you get two free weeks (12 weeks for the price of 10) plus a free copy of our latest recipe book Little Book of Summer, saving an extra £13.85.
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group