Speedy chicken and vegetable rice
With this tried, tested and trusted fried rice recipe to hand you'll never be tempted by takeaway again! Taken from our new recipe book Extra Easy Meals in Minutes - it's big on taste and small on Syns, plus it's a great way to use leftover rice.
- Serves: 4
- Prep. time:
- Cook time:
- Total time: Less than 30 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 400g cooked, skinless chicken breast, roughly shredded
- 425g cold, cooked white long grain rice
- 300g pack crunchy stir-fry vegetables
- 4tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1tsp grated root ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed or grated
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Spring onion slivers, to garnish
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan or wok with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium high heat. Add the garlic, ginger and stir-fry vegetables and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes.
- Turn the heat to high and stir in the cooked rice and shredded chicken. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until piping hot.
- Add the soy sauce, stir-fry for 30 seconds and then drizzle over the beaten egg. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the egg has scrambled.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the spring onions. Serve immediately garnished with spring onion slivers.
Tip: Chef's tip: This recipe would also work well with basmati rice.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join Slimming World before 28th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay on your first night – a fabulous saving of £4.95! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/group to find your nearest group.