With this tried, tested and trusted fried rice recipe to hand you'll never be tempted by takeaway again! Taken from our recipe book Extra Easy Meals in Minutes - it's big on taste and small on Syns, plus it's a great way to use leftover rice.
- 400g cooked, skinless chicken breast, roughly shredded
- 425g cold, cooked white long grain rice
- 300g pack crunchy stir-fry vegetables
- 4 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 tsp grated root ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed or grated
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Spring onion slivers, to garnish
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan or wok with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium high heat. Add the garlic, ginger and stir-fry vegetables and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes.
- Turn the heat to high and stir in the cooked rice and shredded chicken. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until piping hot.
- Add the soy sauce, stir-fry for 30 seconds and then drizzle over the beaten egg. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the egg has scrambled.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the spring onions. Serve immediately garnished with spring onion slivers.
Tip: Chef's tip: This recipe would also work well with basmati rice.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 4th July and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That's just £10 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £4.95!
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group