This is the perfect accompaniment for grilled steaks, pork, lamb, chicken and burgers. It tastes much better than the commercial brands you can buy - and it's lower in Syns
- 1 tsp oil
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 x 200g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 level tbsp tomato purée
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 level tsp Dijon mustard
- Few shakes of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp chilli powder or few drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 level tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp wine vinegar
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a small pan and saute the onion and garlic over a low heat until soft golden and translucent.
- Add the canned tomatoes and tomato purée and cook gently until the sauce reduces and thickens.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve hot with grilled food
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join between 25th May and 13th June and get half-price membership. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night – saving £5! Plus if you join on a 12-week Countdown course you get two free weeks (12 weeks for the price of 10) plus a free copy of our latest recipe book Little Book of Summer, saving an extra £13.85.
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group