Spicy barbecue sauce
This is the perfect accompaniment for grilled steaks, pork, lamb, chicken and burgers. It tastes much better than the commercial brands you can buy - and it's lower in Syns
- 1 tsp oil
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 x 200g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 level tbsp tomato puree
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 level tsp Dijon mustard
- Few shakes of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp chilli powder or few drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 level tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp wine vinegar
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a small pan and saute the onion and garlic over a low heat until soft golden and translucent.
- Add the canned tomatoes and tomato puree and cook gently until the sauce reduces and thickens.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve hot with grilled food
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
• Pay weekly and get half-price membership. Just £5 to join and then £4.95 weekly.
• And don’t forget if you bring a new member to Slimming World you get a week free
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/group to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group