Couscous lends itself to all kinds of different flavours; here it's packed full of summer vegetables that'll bring sunshine to your plate.
- 225g couscous, dried
- 110g small courgettes, sliced diagonally
- 110g baby carrots, trimmed
- 110g thin green beans, trimmed
- 110g mange tout, trimmed
- 1 yellow pepper
- 110g cherry tomatoes
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp fat free vinaigrette dressing
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Put the couscous in a bowl and pour over enough boiling water to cover it. Set aside for 15-20 minutes, then drain in a colander and transfer the couscous to a serving bowl. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, put the courgettes, carrots, beans and mange tout in the top of a steamer and steam gently over simmering water for 6-8 minutes, until tender but still crisp. Drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, grill the pepper and cherry tomatoes under a preheated hot grill until slightly charred. Peel the pepper, remove the seeds and cut into small chunks.
- Season the hot vegetables with salt and pepper and then toss them gently in the vinaigrette and lemon juice.
- Pile the vegetables on top of the couscous, spooning over any leftover vinaigrette, and serve sprinkled with coriander and more black pepper.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join before 1st November and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our A Slimming World Christmas cookbook, saving an extra £14.85! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group