Summer vegetable couscous
Couscous lends itself to all kinds of different flavours; here it's packed full of summer vegetables that'll bring sunshine to your plate.
- Serves: 4
- Prep. time: 20 minutes, + standing time
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 30-60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- Green: FREE
- Original: 10½
- 227g/8oz couscous, dried
- 113g/40oz small courgettes, sliced diagonally
- 113g/4oz baby carrots, trimmed
- 113g/4oz thin green beans, trimmed
- 113g/4oz mange tout, trimmed
- 1 yellow pepper
- 113g/4oz cherry tomatoes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp fat free vinaigrette dressing
- juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Put the couscous in a bowl and pour over enough boiling water to cover it. Set aside for 15-20 minutes, then drain in a colander and transfer the couscous to a serving bowl. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, put the courettes, carrots, beans and mange tout in the top of a steamer and steam gently over simmering water for 6-8 minutes, until tender but still crisp. Drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, grill the pepper and cherry tomatoes under a preheated hot grill until slightly charred. Peel the pepper, remove the seeds and cut into small chunks.
- Season the hot vegetables with salt and pepper and then toss them gently in the vinaigrette and lemon juice.
- Pile the vegetables on top of the couscous, spooning over any leftover vinaigrette, and serve sprinkled with coriander and more black pepper.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join Slimming World between the 19th May and 8th June and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night and a fabulous saving of £5! PLUS join with a 12-week Countdown course and get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Little Book of Lunches, saving an extra £13.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/group to find your nearest group.