Summer vegetable couscous
Couscous lends itself to all kinds of different flavours; here it's packed full of summer vegetables that'll bring sunshine to your plate.
- 225g couscous, dried
- 110g small courgettes, sliced diagonally
- 110g baby carrots, trimmed
- 110g thin green beans, trimmed
- 110g mange tout, trimmed
- 1 yellow pepper
- 110g cherry tomatoes
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp fat free vinaigrette dressing
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Put the couscous in a bowl and pour over enough boiling water to cover it. Set aside for 15-20 minutes, then drain in a colander and transfer the couscous to a serving bowl. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, put the courgettes, carrots, beans and mange tout in the top of a steamer and steam gently over simmering water for 6-8 minutes, until tender but still crisp. Drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, grill the pepper and cherry tomatoes under a preheated hot grill until slightly charred. Peel the pepper, remove the seeds and cut into small chunks.
- Season the hot vegetables with salt and pepper and then toss them gently in the vinaigrette and lemon juice.
- Pile the vegetables on top of the couscous, spooning over any leftover vinaigrette, and serve sprinkled with coriander and more black pepper.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
• Pay weekly and get half-price membership. Just £5 to join and then £4.95 weekly.
• And don’t forget if you bring a new member to Slimming World you get a week free
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/group to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group