Surf n turf
If you'd love a meaty main course, you can't beat this tasty twist on the traditional favourite, surf 'n' turf. With juicy prawns and delicious steak, it's a satisfying meal - and great for your weight loss journey too!
- Serves: 4
- Prep. time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 35 minutes
- Total time: 30-60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 2lb/908g potatoes, cut into chips
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Low calorie cooking spray
- zest of 1 lemon
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- A small handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- 11oz/312g ready-to-cook king prawns
- 4 sirloin steaks, all visible fat removed
- mixed salad to serve
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Par-boil the chips in salted water for 5 minutes. Drain and dry on kitchen paper. Transfer to a baking tray, spray with Fry Light and bake for 25-30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, mix the lemon zest, chilli and parsley with the prawns. Season the steaks with pepper.
- When the chips are 10 minutes from their cooking time, cook the steaks on a griddle for 2 minutes on each side. Place on a plate to rest while you cook the prawns for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Serve the steak and prawns with the chips and a mixed salad.
Tip: When the chips are 10 minutes from their cooking time, cook the steaks on a griddle for 2 minutes on each side. Place on a plate to rest while you cook the prawns for 2-3 minutes on each side.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join Slimming World between the 19th May and 8th June and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night and a fabulous saving of £5! PLUS join with a 12-week Countdown course and get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Little Book of Lunches, saving an extra £13.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/group to find your nearest group.