Perhaps Thailand’s best known dish, this recipe blends traditional ingredients to make a simple, spicy and colourful curry straight out of a Bangkok street market. Now you really can enjoy your favourite Thai food guilt-free!
- 200ml light coconut milk
- 600ml chicken stock
- 100g coriander leaves and stalks, finely chopped, plus extra sprigs to garnish
- Low calorie oil spray (less than one calorie per spray)
- 1 level tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 2 green chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 800g skinless chicken thigh fillets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 6 fresh or dried kaffir lime leaves
- 2 tbsp Thai fish sauce (nam pla)
- 1 tbsp sweetener
- 200g baby aubergines, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 200g green beans, trimmed
- Juice of 1 lime, plus extra wedges to serve
- Red chilli slivers, to garnish
- Place the coconut milk, half of the stock and the chopped coriander in a blender or food processor and blend until well mixed. Strain the mixture using a fine sieve and discard the coriander.
- Spray a large wok or saucepan with low calorie oil spray, add the green curry paste and green chillies and stir-fry over a high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is lightly browned.
- Stir in the coconut milk mixture, the remaining stock, lime leaves, Thai fish sauce, sweetener and aubergines. Simmer uncovered for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the green beans and continue to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the lime juice. Serve garnished with coriander sprigs and red chilli slivers.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group