Tuna and pasta bake
This homely recipe utilises everyday store cupboard ingredients - pasta, canned tomatoes and tuna. It's a great way of using up some leftover pasta and creating an easy, nourishing meal.
- 1 x 200g can tuna in brine
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp capers, rinsed (optional)
- 700g leftover cooked pasta tubes or shapes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 25g fresh white breadcrumbs
- Low calorie cooking spray, for spraying
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Drain the tuna and flake with a fork into small chunks. Put the tuna in a shallow ovenproof dish and squeeze the lemon juice over the top.
- Add the spring onions, chopped tomatoes, capers (if using) and cooked pasta. Mix lightly together and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs evenly over the top and spray lightly with low calorie cooking spray.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6 for 20-25 minutes, until bubbling and golden brown on top. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
• Pay weekly and get half-price membership. Just £5 to join and then £4.95 weekly.
• And don’t forget if you bring a new member to Slimming World you get a week free
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/group to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group