Tuna and pasta bake
This homely recipe utilises everyday store cupboard ingredients - pasta, canned tomatoes and tuna. It's a great way of using up some leftover pasta and creating an easy, nourishing meal.
- Serves: 4
- Prep. time: 15mins
- Cook time: 20-25mins
- Total time: 30-60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- Green: 3½
- Original: 4½
Add 6 Syns if not using Wholemeal pasta as a Healthy Extra on Original.
- 1 x 198g/7oz can tuna in brine
- juice of ½ lemon
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 x 398g/14oz can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp capers, rinsed (optional)
- 681g/1½lb leftover cooked pasta tubes or shapes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 28g/1oz fresh white breadcrumbs
- Fry Light, for spraying
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Drain the tuna and flake with a fork into small chunks. Put the tuna in a shallow ovenproof dish and squeeze the lemon juice over the top.
- Add the spring onions, chopped tomatoes, capers (if using) and cooked pasta. Mix lightly together and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs evenly over the top and spray lightly with Fry Light.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C/Gas 6 for 20-25 minutes, until bubbling and golden brown on top. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join Slimming World before 28th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay on your first night – a fabulous saving of £4.95! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/group to find your nearest group.