Tuna and pasta bake
This homely recipe utilises everyday store cupboard ingredients - pasta, canned tomatoes and tuna. It's a great way of using up some leftover pasta and creating an easy, nourishing meal.
- 1 x 200g can tuna in brine
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp capers, rinsed (optional)
- 700g leftover cooked pasta tubes or shapes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 25g fresh white breadcrumbs
- Low calorie oil spray (less than one calorie per spray)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Drain the tuna and flake with a fork into small chunks. Put the tuna in a shallow ovenproof dish and squeeze the lemon juice over the top.
- Add the spring onions, chopped tomatoes, capers (if using) and cooked pasta. Mix lightly together and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs evenly over the top and spray lightly with low calorie oil spray.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6 for 20-25 minutes, until bubbling and golden brown on top. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join before 26th July and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay on your first night – a fabulous saving of £4.95! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group