No need for a takeaway with our saintly spin on pizza.
- 4 turkey breast steaks
- Low calorie oil spray (less than one calorie per spray)
- 115ml chicken stock
- 400g vine tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 yellow peppers, deseeded and cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 level tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 180g mozzarella, sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A small handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- A small handful of fresh basil leaves
- A large green salad, to serve
- Put each turkey breast steak between 2 sheets of cling film, flatten with a rolling pin until about 0.5cm thick and then remove the cling film.
- Place a large frying pan sprayed with low calorie oil spray over a medium heat. Add the turkey steaks, 1 or 2 at a time if necessary, and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked through and golden brown. Remove from the pan, transfer to a large grill rack, cover and set aside until needed.
- Add the chicken stock to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes until reduced. Stir in the vine tomatoes, peppers, tomato purée, oregano and chilli flakes and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Preheat your grill to medium. Spoon the tomato mixture onto the turkey breasts and then top with mozzarella slices. Season, then grill for 2-3 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and basil leaves and serve with a large green salad.
Tip: *Add 6 Syns if not using the mozzarella as a Healthy Extra.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join before 26th July and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay on your first night – a fabulous saving of £4.95! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group