Merry Christmas from Slimming World!
One sip of traditional eggnog and you know it’s the holidays!
This rich and creamy drink can play havoc with our weight loss, though, so this lighter, just-as-tasty Slimming World version is our festive gift to you. Combine flavorful citrus, vanilla, cinnamon, and (yes!) a splash of rum, and you’ve got a delicious and seasonal no-guilt ’nog…
Slimming World eggnog
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
2 large eggs plus 1 large egg yolk
3 level Tbsp. sweetener
1 level tsp. cornstarch
2 cups fat-free milk
2 strips orange or lemon zest
1 vanilla bean or ½ tsp vanilla extract
3 Tbsp. white rum
Freshly grated nutmeg or ground cinnamon
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg yolk, sweetener, and cornstarch until well blended. Set a fine strainer over another medium bowl and place that bowl in a large bowl of ice water.
- In a heavy, medium saucepan, combine 1½ cups milk and the citrus zest. Split the vanilla bean lengthwise and scrape out the seeds, then add the seeds and pod to the saucepan or add the vanilla extract. Heat the milk over low heat just until it’s steaming and small bubbles form at the edges. Remove from the heat.
- One ladleful at a time, whisk about half of the hot milk into the eggs to warm up and temper them, whisking constantly. Pour the egg mixture into the remaining milk in the saucepan.
- Keep over low heat and cook, stirring constantly with a heatproof spatula or wooden spoon until the eggnog begins to thicken and coats the back of a metal spoon, 3-4 minutes. Remove from the heat and pour the eggnog through the strainer into the other bowl. Stir in the remaining ½ cup milk to stop the cooking. When cool, remove from the ice, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Discard the zest and vanilla bean, if using. Add the rum, then divide between 6 small cordial glasses. Top with the nutmeg or cinnamon, and enjoy!
Wishing you and yours a merry, happy, healthy Christmas.
Our warmest holiday wishes,
The Slimming World Team
Click here for our exclusive 7-day Food Optimizing menu plan and start your slimming success story today.