Start your weight loss journey today and you could be more than 20lbs* lighter in 3 months.
American flag fruit kebab platter
- Preparation time:
- Total time:
Celebrate our patriotic holidays with a gorgeous platter of red, white and blue fruit.
2 quarts strawberries, hulled and halved
5 bananas, peeled and sliced ½” thick
1 pint blackberries
1 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
1 level Tbsp. sugar substitute
½ tsp. vanilla extract
12 (12”) wooden skewers
Small star cookie cutter, about 1”
- This platter is made by arranging fruit on skewers to look like an American flag. Start with the right-hand portion of the flag to make red and white stripes. Skewer 1 strawberry half (red side facing upwards) and push it down to the bottom of the skewer, leaving ½” at the base.
- Next, thread 1 banana slice onto the skewer (cut side facing upward), followed by 2 strawberry halves. Follow with another banana slice, then 2 strawberry halves, and end on a banana slice.
- Repeat this process another 6 times, for a total of 7 skewers.
- Now, make the left-hand portion that has the blue square, plus stripes. Using the star cookie cutter, cut 11 tiny stars from banana slices, and set aside.
- Next, thread 6 blackberries onto a skewer, leaving ½” at the base. Follow with 1 banana slice (cut side facing upward), then 2 strawberry halves (red side facing upward), and finish with a banana slice.
- Repeat this process another 4 times, for a total of 5 skewers.
- Arrange the skewers on a platter with the blackberry skewers on the left, and the red and white skewers on the right. Arrange the banana stars on top of the solid blackberry section.
- To serve, stir the yogurt, sugar substitute, and vanilla extract together to combine. Serve on the side for dipping.