Join today for $30 for 3 months and no additional membership fee. After that, your membership will renew for just $10 per month.
BBQ pulled pork
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Total time:
Our flavor-packed pulled pork recipe is fantastic for feeding a crowd. Add steamed green beans and Slimming World fries to round out the meal.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Set out a Dutch oven with a lid.
- For the rub: In a cup, mix the paprika, chili powder, cumin, dry mustard, garlic powder, and salt and pepper. Coat the pork loin all over with the rub and place in the Dutch oven. Carefully pour the broth and cider vinegar around the pork.
- Cover and bake for 2 hours to 2 hours and 20 minutes, until the pork is cooked through and easily breaks apart with a fork but still looks moist.
- Remove the pork from the oven and place in a shallow baking dish, reserving the pan juices. Set aside to cool for approximately 15 minutes, then shred into bite-sized pieces using two forks.
- While the pork bakes, make the sauce. Put the tomato purée, onion, cider vinegar, sugar substitute, Worcestershire sauce, crushed red pepper, garlic powder and salt in a heavy, medium saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce the heat to very low and simmer, uncovered, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes to blend the flavors. Remove from the heat. Reserve ½ cup for dipping.
- Mix the pan juices and the remaining sauce with the pulled pork. Season to taste with salt. Serve sandwiched in the rolls, if you like, with the reserved sauce.