Join today for $30 for 3 months and no additional membership fee. After that, your membership will renew for just $10 per month.
Chicken and leek pie
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Total time:
This comforting chicken and leek pie is family-friendly and promises to be an instant hit in your household.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Boil the potatoes in a large pot for 15–20 minutes, adding the sweet potatoes after around 8 minutes. When tender, drain and return to the pot.
- Add the chicken broth, mash until smooth and season to taste. Stir in the parsley and set aside.
- To make the filling, place the broth, leeks, garlic, carrots, peas and mushrooms in a pot and cook over low heat for 12–15 minutes, stirring often, until the leeks have softened. Add the chicken to the pot and stir to mix well.
- Add the tarragon to the chicken and vegetable mix, season to taste and cook gently for 3–4 minutes, stirring often. Remove from the heat and transfer to a medium-sized pie dish.
- Spread the mashed potatoes over the chicken mixture and brush the top with the beaten egg. Bake in the oven for 20–25 minutes or until golden and bubbling. Serve immediately with steamed green beans.