Join today for $30 for 3 months and no additional membership fee. After that, your membership will renew for just $10 per month.
Chocolate mug pudding cakes
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Total time:
These magic chocolate cakes bake in the microwave in just 30 seconds. The finished dessert will be on the table in about 20 minutes!
- Spray four 8-ounce coffee mugs with cooking spray*.
- To make the sauce, in a cup, dissolve the cornstarch in 1 tbsp water; set aside. In a small saucepan, put 1 tbsp cocoa, 2 tsp sugar substitute and ½ cup water. Stir with a spatula to combine ingredients (the cocoa won’t completely dissolve). Place over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring. Stir in the dissolved cornstarch and cook, stirring, for 2–3 minutes, until thickened and glossy. Remove from the heat and cover to keep warm.
- To make the cakes, in a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and remaining 2 tbsp cocoa.
- In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer at medium speed, beat the spread and the remaining 3 tbsp sugar substitute until blended. Beat in the eggs, one at a time until fairly smooth. Beat in the flour mixture just until a smooth batter forms.
- Evenly spoon about 3½ measuring tablespoons of the batter into each prepared mug. Cover each mug with plastic wrap, pierce with a fork and cook them one by one in the microwave for 30 seconds on high. Check that they're spongy by touching the surface with your finger—they might need another 10 seconds. Let them rest for 1 minute.
- Turn the cakes out onto dessert plates and turn them over so the rounded side is on top. Spoon 2 tbsp of the sauce evenly over each and serve right away.