Start your weight loss journey today and you could be more than 20lbs* lighter in 3 months.
Instead of broiling, you can cook these burgers stovetop in a cast-iron pan or on the barbecue grill.
Classic cheeseburgers and Slimming World fries
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Total time:
This healthy twist on the quarter pounder is as delicious as the original! Add a Healthy Extra "a" choice of American or Swiss cheese for even more flavor or enjoy with 1 level tablespoon of store-bought ketchup for just 1 Syn.
4 large baking potatoes, scrubbed and cut into ½”-thick sticks
- Preheat the oven to 475°F. Bring a large pot of water to the boil, add the potatoes and cook for 4 minutes. Drain, then transfer to paper towels and set aside to dry for about 10 minutes. Dry the pot.
- Return the potatoes to the pot, cover it with a lid and shake to 'rough up' the edges of the fries (this helps them become crisp when you bake them). Transfer to a nonstick rimmed baking sheet, spray with cooking spray* and bake for 20–25 minutes, until browned and crisp, turning occasionally. Remove from the oven and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, put the ground beef, shallot, Worcestershire sauce and garlic in a medium bowl and, using your hands, combine thoroughly. Season to taste with salt and pepper, divide into four and shape into flat burgers.
- Turn the oven to broil and place the burgers on the broiler-pan rack. Broil 3–4” from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking.
- To assemble the burgers, fill each bun with a lettuce leaf and tomato slices and a burger. Serve immediately with the fries and, on the side, some grated carrot, and shredded red cabbage.