Start your weight loss journey today and you could be more than 20lbs* lighter in 3 months.
The burgers on their own are suitable for freezing.
Classic drive-thru burger and fries
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Total time:
Enjoy this lighter take on a fast food classic, complete with Slimming World-style fries on the side.
2 lbs. russet potatoes, scrubbed
Coarse or kosher salt
⅓ cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
2 Tbsp. tomato paste
2 Tbsp. finely chopped dill pickle
⅛ tsp. onion powder
⅛ tsp. celery salt
1½ lbs. 95% lean ground beef
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. garlic powder
12 slices 2% Kraft Cheese Singles
4 (2-oz. each) whole-wheat hamburger buns
4 lettuce leaves
4 beefsteak tomato slices
4 slices red onion
A large salad tossed with fat-free Italian dressing, for serving
*Please note up to 10 short sprays of any cooking spray are Free. After that, count ½ Syn for every additional 5 sprays.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray*.
- Cut the potatoes lengthwise into fries. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the potatoes and cook for 4 minutes. Drain and transfer to paper towels to dry. Dry the pot.
- Return the potatoes to the pot, cover, and shake to rough up their edges (this ensures they crisp up in the oven). Transfer the potatoes to the prepared baking sheet, coat them lightly with cooking spray*, and bake, turning occasionally, until golden brown, 20–25 minutes. Sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Meanwhile, combine the yogurt, tomato paste, chopped pickle, onion powder, and celery salt in a small bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat the grill to medium. Combine the ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl and mix gently with hands, being careful not to overmix. Form the mixture into eight thin patties and, using the back of a spoon or your thumb, make a depression in the center of one side of each. Grill the patties, turning once, until cooked through, about 6 minutes total. If desired, place buns on the grill to toast during the last minute of grilling.
- To assemble, place the bottom half of each bun on a plate. Top each with a slice of cheese, a lettuce leaf, a burger patty, a second slice of cheese, a second burger patty, a third slice of cheese, a tomato slice, and a red onion slice. Spread reserved yogurt sauce over each bun top and place on top of burgers. Serve with the fries and side salad.