Start your weight loss journey today and you could be more than 20lbs* lighter in 3 months.
Classic leek and potato soup
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Total time:
This classic soup is perfect for rainy weekday nights. It’s also super when chilled and served as a refreshing meal or starter on a warm summer's day.
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 bay leaves
4 cups vegetable broth
1 large leek, trimmed and sliced lengthwise
1½ lb. Yukon gold or russet potatoes, peeled and finely diced
½ cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh chives
- Place the onion in a large pot along with the bay leaves and ½ cup of the broth. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rinse the leek under cold water to remove any trapped dirt. Shake well to remove excess water and then thinly slice. Or, slice the leek, rinse in a salad spinner until there’s no grit at the bottom of the bowl and spin dry.
- Add the potatoes and leek to the pot. Pour in the remaining 3½ cups stock and season to taste with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 25 minutes until the potatoes are very tender.
- Discard the bay leaves and transfer the mixture, in batches, to a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth and return to the pan. You may also use an immersion blender to puree it right in the cooking pot.
- Whisk in most of the yogurt and reheat gently without boiling. Add more salt and pepper, if desired. Ladle into soup bowls, add a swirl of yogurt, sprinkle with black pepper and the chopped chives.