Start your weight loss journey today and you could be more than 20lbs* lighter in 3 months.
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Total time:
Curly kale is transformed by a sprinkling of salt and pepper and a quick blast in the oven. It's a delicious anytime snack or simple starter—and it’s Free!
1 bunch curly kale, leaves pulled off stems, stems discarded, and torn into pieces
Sea salt or kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
¼ cup finely chopped red bell pepper, to serve (optional)
*Up to 10 short sprays of any cooking spray are Free. After that, count ½ Syn for every additional 5 sprays
- Preheat the oven to 275°F and line two large rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Rinse the kale and gently pat dry with paper towels until it is completely dry.
- Spread the kale out in single layers on the lined pans. Spray with cooking spray* and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste (avoid overloading or they won't crisp in the oven).
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the kale is paper-thin and crisp, turning the leaves after 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the chopped bell pepper, if using, and serve hot.